I like the spire.io guys but I’m going to do my best to pierce the marketing hype tonight and see what they are really doing.
Presentation was given on a monitor. Should have been done off of a projector.
You can just write HTML and CSS and they do the rest.
- They handle users.
- They handle authentication and authorization.
- They handle messaging.
- They handle load balancing and scaling.
- You don’t have to worry about choosing databases.
Secure (security is not an afterthought)
- Create and authenticate users
- Send messages to thousands of clients in real-time
Data (coming soon)
Built with Node.js, Redis, and JRuby
- Node.js for dispatch handling
- Redis for speed
- JRuby for spinning off of tasks